Mechanical Design Engineer (m/f/d)
- Provide technical and application solutions for busbar module assembly / cell connection systems for electric vehicle (EV) and hybrid electric vehicle (HEV) applications.
- Work with field application engineers, business development managers and sales account managers to deliver product design concepts and proven technology to the customer.
- Review customer application requirements and provide AAS’s design solution and recommendations.
- Own all technical aspects (mechanical design, analysis, cost, functionality) and be responsible for developing and delivering upgrades and enhancements that meet all the planned reliability and technical specifications.
- Strong customer orientation for real time communication and solving design issues.
- Take the lead for engineering collaboration with global engineering teams for design, validation and customer engineering interface.
- Apply Advanced Sensors’ Temperature technology to given applications to provide customer solutions
- Benchmarking and tear-down analysis (focus on new technologies and design optimizations)
- Leveraging lessons learned and working with other design engineers to develop design building blocks for the applications
- Design mechanical models using SolidWorks
- Experience with finite element analysis
- Design concept validation through prototype build and tests
- Design Validation (DV) & Product Validation (PV) planning and completion
- Manage design engineering tasks / deliverables on time and on budget
- Experience with battery pack assembly and components for EV/HEV applications
- Flexible printed circuit board/assembly (FPC/FPCA) design or related application experience
- BA or BSc Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Fluency in English and German
- Minimum 10 years of engineering experience within product development, custom product engineering and application engineering
- Experience with APQP, DFMEA's, Control Plans
- Experience working within a structured new product development process (design reviews, tollgates, peer reviews, customer signoffs)• Demonstrated ability to collaborate with customers, foster relationships and grow business pipeline